Friday, January 25, 2013

Guns, Guns, Everywhere Guns

So, I was thinking...what is it with the paranoid rantings of the pro-gun faction saying that any regulation of gun ownership is a blatant violation of the 2nd Amendment? I believe in car ownership and I still recognize that laws regarding car ownership and car operation must be enforced in order to protect all citizens of our country. Responsible ownership must account for something. One cannot buy a car and then drive over people, property and disregard the rules of the road. We have agreed to some common laws regarding responsible car ownership to the safety of all of us. I believe the same applies to gun laws. We must have some comprehensive laws regarding gun ownership for the safety of all of our citizens. That does not make me anti-gun any more than saying we need car laws make me anti-car. Making better laws and creating additional regulations will not eliminate gun violence any more than making more traffic laws eliminate car accidents. But it may make things better, and isn't that what we all want?

No comments:

Post a Comment